You should think of a Realtor the moment you think of selling your home - even if you're not 100% sure yet. The real estate agent will fill you in with as much information as you want about the market condition, your home's estimated value, staging ideas and the list goes on.
You will not know every requirement for selling a home, most especially if this is your first time selling. You may, however, start listing some things that you may want to think about when choosing your Realtor . Some of them are listed below.
- Is the agent active in your area at this time and knowledgeable about the area
- Have you checked your agent’s references? Most agents will be happy to provide you with a list of satisfied customers you can contact.
Does your agent...
- Make you feel comfortable and confident about working with hint/her?
- Answer your questions promptly and respond to your calls without delay?
- Inform you of the market condition and suggest new strategies in selling your home?
- Prepare a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) to ensure you are pricing your property at current market value?
- Give your property the broadest marketing exposure possible?
- Prepare descriptive brochures about your property with high resolution photographs and a compelling description of benefits and features? If yes, be sure to review it with your agent when it's ready.
- List your property on the Multiple Listing Service and on the Internet?
- Create Virtual Tours to market your listing over the Internet?
- Hold an open house for the local real estate agents as soon as possible after
- Follow up with showing agents and give you feedback from potential buyers?
You have to make sure that your agent does not agree with everything you say. A good agent will make suggestions or sometimes even disagree with you. Realtors can back up their comments with facts, so ask away.
All information in this report is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
2015 PropertyMinder, Inc.
Your Northern Virginia Realtor®
3950 University Dr. Suite 209
Fairfax, VA 22030