Condo or Single Family Home
The kind of home you choose will highly depend on your finances and needs. Here are some of the major differences between a condo and a single family home.
- Generally you are only responsible for maintaining what's inside the unit.
- The Association may offer amenities such as a swimming pool, tennis court, clubhouse, and a gym.
- They are generally cheaper than buying a single family home.
- Great for buyers who do not want to deal with a lot of home maintenance.
Single Family Home
- They are typically more expensive than condos.
- You can make modifications a lot easier. Add a bedroom, repaint the walls, change the floor, etc.
- You don't have to worry about sharing a common wall with your neighbors.
- If a backyard is a "must have" for you, you get a larger one with a single family home.
- You don't have to share common amenities with your neighbors, such as a gym or a swimming pool (if you have them).
- You are responsible for your own home maintenance.